State health updates as of June 11, 2021.
CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Resource Page
HHS Resource Page
- Main HHS landing page: States and providers may monitor this page for updates
- “General Information” section includes an overview of distributions, methodology, and timeline
- “For providers” section includes additional application details for each Provider Relief Fund distribution, such as the portal and terms and conditions
- “Data” section includes state-by-state information for each Provider Relief Fund distribution
- “FAQs” section includes questions and answers about the Provider Relief Fund periodically by HHS
- Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal: To attest to receipt of certain Provider Relief Fund payments and to apply for the Medicaid/CHIP Provider Distribution
- General Distribution Portal: To submit tax forms/financial statements for the $20 billion “Tranche 2” General Distribution
- COVID-19 Uninsured Program Portal: To submit claims for providing COVID-19 testing or treatment for uninsured patients
- CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Payment Attestation Portal: to attest to receipt of the certain Provider Relief Fund payments
- HHS Announces Provider Relief Fund Payments for Medicaid Providers, Hot Spot and Safety Net Hospitals (6/11): Manatt analysis of recent allocations of the $175 billion Provider Relief Fund, including allocations for Medicaid providers, safety net and hot spot hospitals.
- HHS Distributes $22 Billion in Provider Relief Funds to Hot Spot and Rural Providers (5/5): Manatt analysis of payments to hot spot hospitals and rural providers.
- HHS Outlines Plans for $100 Billion Provider Relief Fund (4/24): Manatt Health analysis of how HHS plans to disburse provider relief fund payments to providers.
- HHS Begins to Distribute $30 Billion of the $100 Billion CARES Act Provider Relief Fund (4/10): Manatt Health analysis of disbursement of the first $30B in funding from the provider relief fund based on Medicare revenues.
- The Provider Relief Fund: How Well Does it Protect Patients from Surprise Medical Bills for COVID-19 Related Services?: Resource from Georgetown CHIR examining the interplay between the Provider Relief Funds and its impact on balance/surprise billing.