Updates from the states as of January 8, 2021.
Developing an Evaluation Framework for the Affordable Care Act
Small Group Convening hosted by the State Health Access Data Assistance Center
This State Network sponsored Small Group Convening was held in Minneapolis, Minnesota from April 30- May 1, 2012. The State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC) and other technical experts led sessions to aid state officials in developing an effective evaluation framework in the context of the Affordable Care Act. Presentations included:
- Developing a Framework for Evaluation – What do we need to know?;
- Operationalizing Measures and Identifying Data Sources;
- Reporting Requirements in the ACA; and
- Identifying Measures to Monitor Enrollment and Retention Performance in Medicaid.
This meeting also included peer-to-peer sharing with presentations given by Colorado, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota and Rhode Island on their approaches to monitoring, evaluation and developing a robust data infrastructure. Additional meeting resources included:
- A Framework for Tracking the Impacts of the Affordable Care Act in California;
- Monitoring the Impacts of Health Reform at the State Level: Using Federal Survey Data;
- Comparing Federal Surveys that Count the Uninsured; and
- Using Data to Drive State Improvement in Enrollment and Retention Performance.